Monday, March 17, 2008

Two Buck Schmuck Crisis Ending

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions regarding the recent crisis.

They gave me some perspective.

Grant Miller indicated that the cheap moviehouse in his parts actually closed down -- that's a far more heartbreaking result of cinematic hard times than having to reconsider my name, or needing to scrounge the change dish for a few more quarters.

Mr. Miller, if you get the itch for a still-reasonably priced movie, there is room enough for another schmuck at the LaGrange (although I don't know that I would call you one -- honestly, some days I wouldn't call myself one, feeling closer to being a shlemiel).

Like many of you, I have discovered the wonders of Netflix, but I encourage you to occasionally patronize your local, rundown second-run movie theater and enjoy all the majesty of Hollywood without the wallet-busting ticket prices.

As far as my ongoing feature goes, I think I'm going to stick with my Two Buck Schmuck moniker, and just say $1.50 will be a value-added tax or some such thing. Hey, it's the Internet. I can do anything!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, my eyes are worse than I thought. I thought you wrote that Grant Miller has a cheap moviehouse in his pants.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Keeping it Two Buck Schmuck should work. Just put an * and a disclaimer at the bottom.

Splotchy said...

kirby, I wouldn't put it past him.

jon, yeah, I was thinking asterisks would play some sort of role in the retooled Schmuck.